Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Grey Boot Saga


For about the last five years or so I have been on the hunt for the perfect pair of grey boots. The image in my head was of a weathered grey leather, hitting just below the knee with a chunky heel and some small adornment on the side.

Enter this picture of Kate Hudson circa 2006 {I think we'd be BFF in real life. I'm not gonna lie.}, and I became all the more obsessed with the hunt.


Last year I settled for a pair of flat boots from an inexpensive boutique, and I wore them to death. Then I saw the Coach beauties below. I didn't care how much they cost. I had known all along that when the perfect pair came along, I would need to splurge a bit. The hard part was tracking down a 5&1/2. Easier said than done. Needless to say, I was broken-hearted and Coachless.


I had almost given up on the search when I found a pair on the Steve Madden website. Stone leather grey, a wedge heel, and a zipper? Um, yes please.

These lovely darlings are on their way to my house this very minute. I will be crushed if they aren't perfect in person, but I have high hopes. It's no secret that I have an ongoing love affair with Steve Madden, and I don't think he will disappoint.


xoxo,

AC


1 comment:

  1. i've been looking for some gray boots myself. and i think i found some i like at kohls of all places. waiting on husband/budget approval...

    ReplyDelete